Good profits

Go down 
AuthorMessage
chizgiz
Beach guardian

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Good profits   Thu 28 Jun - 13:02

Is there anywhere that list a recommended price to sell products for for each day to get a good amount of profit, I am almost ready to go to lvl 4 but at the moment I only have 46.7 m3 storage, I only have 29k cash and need to find out what to sell stuff for so I can make a lot more money than I am making now.

The reason I want to make more money is the storage has gone from 2000 per upgrade to 5000 per upgrade and you don't get any more space with the extra 3000.

Also how much am I looking at to buy a factory and 3 machines to go in it?

Because I don't want to get to lv 4 and find I need more storage and find that I need 100k to start a factory etc..

I know people say go up as soon as you can but it is cheaper for me to stay here if I need more storage, as you get more m3 for your money in lvl 3.

chizgiz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rivesalte
Little Sailor

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Good profits   Thu 28 Jun - 13:35

Quote :
Is there anywhere that list a recommended price to sell products for for each day to get a good amount of profit

I think that that depends on how many times you fill up your shops, percentage of your advertising and the wages.

I just moved to level 3 and I noticed that with the same prices with the same weather as in level 2, my volume of trade was less with the beachstore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chizgiz
Beach guardian

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Good profits   Thu 28 Jun - 13:52

Well I fill up my shop 3 times a day, Once in the morning at 8-9am, then at 3-4pm and before i go to bed at about 12am.

I have my ad's at 100% and the wages are the best at fantastic.

chizgiz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rivesalte
Little Sailor

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Good profits   Thu 28 Jun - 14:42

I have only those data of products of the beachstore at level 2. Moreover I filled up the stores daily 4 times and try to sell as much as possible without running out products. So I don't know if those figures are suitable for you. But if I remember well, Blade had given some information about best prices in a thread in chapter 3.

Meanwhile I have sold my beachstore and bought 2 kiosks and I have to find out the best strategy to make as much profit as possible.
In level 2 I bought already all available orders of the markets to fill up my store again, but I noticed that you unfortunately in level three can't buy more products, while I can sell instead of 150 orange juices 400 now for instance.
So I have 2 possibilities: or I raise the prices of my products or I concentrate myself only at 3 or 4 (of the most profitible ones) products and forget the others.
I haven't figured out already what is the best way, but I assume it will be the last one, so I will try out that one.

But I don't know if it affects the sales if you don't sell all products, for in real live if I would buy daily cigarets and my morning paper for instance somewhere and the kiosk stopped selling one product, I should buy both products in another shop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drooch
Navigator

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Good profits   Thu 28 Jun - 16:27

Quote :
Is there anywhere that list a recommended price to sell products for for each day to get a good amount of profit

This is one of the main points of the game. It is really best for you to decide what you should sell your products at for maximum profit. I would suggest for most items selling them slightly lower than 2 times the legal price. If you can still keep your store full then I would lower your prices a little more.

You're in a circumstance where I think it would be best for you to stay in level 3 for a bit longer. Since they have raised the storage prices, it would be best for you to upgrade your storage a bit more before leveling up.

I would suggest getting your storage up to ~60m3. You can produce most items with this much storage. You can't produce juice or cigs though. You can make a lot more profit producing items, so make sure you level up as soon as you have enough storage to produce the items you want to make Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kahla
Sailor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2007-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Good profits   Thu 28 Jun - 20:15

I think it was Gladoor who posted something about the effect of wages not long ago. You get good increases in sales for everything up to "High" and although you still see some increase with the ones above that, there are diminishing returns. So I keep mine on "High". Sorry I don't have a bookmark so you can see that post, but perhaps Gladoor or someone else might be able to tell you something more precise. ((EDIT -- I'm going to see if I can double-check that, I'm pretty sure "high" is the right one but not positive.))

I always try new products at twice the legal price first. Like Drooch said, many sell best at that or slightly lower. Some things sell better for far more or far less, but you'll find that out as you experiment. Some products are easy to figure out that way, others not so clear. You can always ask about specific products that you'd like to get a ballpark for - I've done that a time or two and people here are always happy to help that way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blade
Navigator

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Good profits   Fri 29 Jun - 0:35

later on ull only pay max salery's since take 36hours for your fac's then, else takes alot longer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
budgster
Sailor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2006-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Good profits   Fri 29 Jun - 1:17

chizgiz wrote:
Well I fill up my shop 3 times a day, Once in the morning at 8-9am, then at 3-4pm and before i go to bed at about 12am.

I have my ad's at 100% and the wages are the best at fantastic.

chizgiz

make the ads 200% as well and pay fantastic wages
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gladoor
Navigator

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2006-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Good profits   Fri 29 Jun - 8:54

Kahla wrote:
I think it was Gladoor who posted something about the effect of wages not long ago. You get good increases in sales for everything up to "High" and although you still see some increase with the ones above that, there are diminishing returns.

I keep my wages allways on fantastic. First, with three hypers the increased sales more than compensate for the extra wages. Second, as soon as you are producing your own stuff in factories (lvl 4 and up), the production goes much faster with fantastic salaries.
Even at the lower levels I think you might use the fantastic wage, unless of course you cannot longer fill up your shops because of the increased sales (but in that case raising the prices is also an option).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kahla
Sailor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2007-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Good profits   Fri 29 Jun - 17:19

Gladoor - thanks for posting. The post I was looking for is gone now.

I imagine it's time for me to raise my salaries as well. When I had only a beach store and a kiosk, which gave limited profits. I couldn't afford the higher wages and the highest ads AND still have enough to buy the goods and pay the charges and such.
Now, with a drugstore and a jewelry shop, I have more profit to work with.

Was I right in thinking that if money is limited, going with higher ads gives a greater increase in sales than going with higher wages?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gladoor
Navigator

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2006-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Good profits   Sun 1 Jul - 22:09

Kahla, I don't think I have ever made an comparison between the ads and the wages. During the time I was making notes of all the sales, in order to estimate the sales model of LagoonB, I was allready using fantastic wages, and didn't lower the wages, just to see the effects. I did however lower the advertisements temporarily, to estimate the effect of advertisement. If I'm not mistaken, 200% advertisement gives about 50% more sales than 0% advertisement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good profits   

Back to top Go down

Good profits
Page 1 of 1