The best price?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abiak
Robinson

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: The best price?   Fri 28 Sep - 20:59

which is the best price to sell things in chapter 2?
I'm selling from 1 (chewing gum) to 10 (tee shirt).
But in more experiencied players opnions, which are the best price to sell?

PS: I'm new in this forum, hi everybody!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drooch
Navigator

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The best price?   Fri 28 Sep - 23:15

The most suggested price is two times the legal price. From there if you notice your stock of a certain item building up then lower the price, or if you can't keep up with the stock then raise the price.

This is just a general way to approach the best price because it also depends on how much you plan on logging in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abiak
Robinson

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: The best price?   Sat 29 Sep - 0:05

Some products like oj and apple juice I put the price 4x the cost. But some others I can't put 4x because it's too expensive. but thanks for the advice I will try it today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blockhead
Shipwrecked buddy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: The best price?   Thu 4 Oct - 23:51

it's also worth noting the type of weather your going to have, usually hot weather is good for sales, so you can raise prices, however, stock like coffee will do badly in warm weather or rain (at least that's what i think) so try to change your prices depending on the weather
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SandStorm
Special Modo
Special Modo

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2006-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The best price?   Fri 5 Oct - 3:55

Blockhead wrote:
it's also worth noting the type of weather your going to have, usually hot weather is good for sales, so you can raise prices, however, stock like coffee will do badly in warm weather or rain (at least that's what i think) so try to change your prices depending on the weather

Hmmm, it would have been good to have that economic relationship with coffee. I discussed this in the past, it makes sense: hot weather - bad sales, cold weather - good sales.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way, it has the same characteristics like all the other products. It makes the game simple. At least that's how it has been for a long time. I haven't sold coffee for maybe a year (?) so I wouldn't know first hand what goes on right now. I don't suspect anything has changed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
La BÍte
Robinson

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: The best price?   Sun 7 Oct - 15:32

I am selling coffee, and that is exactly hox it works.
for the prices, I did a XL grid with all the prices (real and supposed) for each type of weather. So, the following time, you won't have to search but put directly the right price for the right product.
You just have to choose your average sell/hour first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SandStorm
Special Modo
Special Modo

PostSubject: Re: The best price?   Sat 13 Oct - 1:54

La BÍte wrote:
for the prices, I did a XL grid with all the prices (real and supposed) for each type of weather. So, the following time, you won't have to search but put directly the right price for the right product.
You just have to choose your average sell/hour first.

Anyone to confirm that? That is very interesting... is this the only product that has this ability? When was the change made? (unless we didn't notice it a long time).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gladoor
Navigator

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2006-11-24

PostSubject: Re: The best price?   Sat 13 Oct - 20:41

Sandstorm, I thought that La Bete said: you sell more coffee if the wheater is better.
You think (I suppose) he is saying the opposite.

In my opinion coffee is still behaving like before - but as sandstorm said: anyone to confirm that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rivesalte
Little Sailor

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: The best price?   Sat 13 Oct - 21:21

And is it true that the average sell per hour depends only of the weather ?
I had the idea that the prices on the rasta market or/and the prices in the shops of the other players had also something to do with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gladoor
Navigator

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2006-11-24

PostSubject: Re: The best price?   Sat 13 Oct - 23:39

The sales in the shops depends on the weather, the advertising, your prices, the cleanness of your shop, your salaries, and there is some sort of variation on top of this.
But the prices on the rasta markets have nothing to do with the sales in the shops (that are wholesale markets!), and the prices of the other players, or the number of other players have something to do with your sales in real life, but as far as I have noticed, not in this game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rivesalte
Little Sailor

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: The best price?   Sun 14 Oct - 1:41

I acually reacted at that comment of La BÍte where he stated:

Quote :

I assumed that advertising, cleaness and salaries would be the same then, but with the same weather and same price I thought I have seen remarkable differences.

And in real life you can see for instance that if the oil prices increase you have soon to pay more at the gazstation for your gasoline.

I thought I have also noticed the influence of the weather of the day before in the first hours of the new day.

That's why I made that question, because it is not only these known factors that makes the sell per hour.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SandStorm
Special Modo
Special Modo

PostSubject: Re: The best price?   Sun 14 Oct - 2:22

SandStorm wrote:
Hmmm, it would have been good to have that economic relationship with coffee. I discussed this in the past, it makes sense: hot weather - bad sales, cold weather - good sales.

La BÍte wrote:

I am not sure what "exactly how it works" means in this case... it should be my quoted post, because thats the relationship I refer to with an example of how it could have worked. That's why its good to quote someone or say what exactly you are agreeing to, when there are 2 different opinions stated. You could be right Gladoor, maybe I am missing something, I'm still not sure, though the sentence is correct Smile

And yes Gladoor is correct about the sales. The differences you might see, are probably because you log-in different hours as in longer or shorter sales.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best price?   

Back to top Go down

The best price?
Page 1 of 1